Not a whole lot to say about these except that they're really good, and VERY quick and easy!!
2 chicken breasts (or more if for more people) - pounded out to 1/4 inch thick or buy as cutlets (as long as they're as wide as a normal breast - you don't want the narrow cut ones.
2 slices of deli ham
2 slices of cheddar cheese - provolone or fontina would also be good
1/2 cup flour
2 tbsp water
1 1/2 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs - found in Asian section or with other breadcrumbs)
1/4 cup regular breadcrumbs
1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
Preheat the oven to 375
1. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper for easy cleanup!
2. Beat the eggs and water in a bowl or wide dish (big enough to dip the chicken into later)
2. Put the flour on a plate
3. Combine the panko, breadcrumbs, and Parmesan cheese and put on a plate
4. Lay the chicken breast on a flat surface, place a piece of cheese and then a piece of ham on top - try to keep most of it towards the middle of the chicken.
5. Roll the chicken tightly around the cheese and ham and toothpick the end so it stays rolled up. Repeat for all of the chicken.
6. Dredge the rolled chicken in flour, then dip in the egg mixture. Dredge the chicken in the panko/breadcrumbs so that it's well coated with a crispy layer on the outside - don't forget the edges! Repeat for each piece of chicken, placing each on the cookie sheet when ready.
7. Put in the oven for about 24-30 minutes (depending on the thickness of the chicken) or until the chicken is done.
*I like to serve this with mashed potatoes and broccoli. MMmmmmmm.