Saturday, February 3, 2018

Weekend Pancakes

I grew up on Bisquick pancakes - really thick, heavy, rock-in-your-stomach pancakes. I've since grown to prefer lighter, more spongy ones and this Martha Stewart recipe is just right. It makes more than a dozen pancakes (I make them big so you could get a lot more out of this if you wanted to, or half the recipe) and I freeze whatever we don't eat for next weekend(s). You can change this up and add cinnamon or other spices. I like to substitute half the sugar for jam, especially if I don't have fresh blueberries on hand.

2 cups flour (could sub some or all of this for whole wheat flour)
4 tbsp sugar (can sub some for jam)
4 tsp baking poder
1 tsp salt
2 cups milk
1/4 cup canola oil or melted butter
2 eggs
1 or 2 tsp vanilla

Whisk the wet ingredients together and then add the dry ingredients. Whisk until blended and most lumps are gone.


No comments:

Post a Comment